- Don’t look at the homeless, they may ask for something.
- Don’t look at someone of a different race, they may glimpse your prejudice.
- Don’t look at the opposite sex, they may make assumptions.
- Don’t look at the same sex, they may make assumptions.
- Don’t look at at anyone foreign, they may speak in a language you don’t comprehend.
- Don’t look at law enforcement, they may take it as a challenge.
- Don’t look at your children, they may ask questions for which you have no answers.
- Don’t look at yourself, you may not like what you see.
We must strive for a society that makes eye contact, because...
- Eye Contact creates recognition.
- Recognition leads to Mind Contact, which creates understanding.
- Understanding leads to Heart Contact, which creates empathy and kindness.
- Empathy and kindness lead to Soul Contact, which creates peace and equality.
Seriously, it's science. Read why in this article from the Stanford School of Medicine. So, how about it? Let's all take a good, long look at each other.