All About Me
I'm an author, playwright, blogger, and career voluptuary who has published two novels, The Miracle of Myrtle: Saint Gone Wild and Flirtini with Disaster:The Single Girls' Guide to Self-Sabotage. I live full time on a floating house, in a spot we call Bohemian Bay, with my husband, two dogs, three cats, and pet duck. My next work, The Queen of Hawthorn Holler is in the works. When not writing, I host all-day champagne brunches; tap dance on the dock; dabble in photography; search in vain for the meaning of life; and make sure the Bluegrass State keeps its bourbon up to par. To learn more, read my Bourbonista Blog where I describe all of the tipsy trials and tribulations of my lush life in technicolor detail.
What is a Bourbonista?
Like the distilled beverage for which she is named and often enjoys on the rocks, a Bourbonista is:
- Strong, at least 80 proof.
- Southern, primarily from Kentucky.
- Versatile. Has recreational, practical, and medicinal uses.
- Intoxicating. Livens up any occasion.
- Layered, with sweet, spicy, earthy, smooth, refreshing, rich, and intense aspects.
- Resilient. Vibrations, movement, and pressure only serve to add depth and additional flavors, so Bourbonistas open themselves up to the universe, travel, and say yes to change and challenges.
- And perhaps most important, grows more complex, desired, and valuable with maturity.