This morning I ran out of Secret and had to use my husband's Old Spice "Bearglove" deodorant. Every time I catch a whiff of myself, I turn around, automatically happy, and expect to see him. Then, with disappointment, I realize it's just me, not my sexy man. According to Sarah Dowdy's article How Smell Works, "Because the olfactory bulb is part of the brain's limbic system, an area so closely associated with memory and feeling it's sometimes called the "emotional brain," smell can call up memories and powerful responses almost instantaneously."
Here are a few of my favorite smells:
1) That first whiff of sea salt when you're nearing the ocean.
2) Puppy breath.
3) A steak sizzling on the grill.
4) Skunk, from a distance.
5) The pine and peppermint melange given off by a live Christmas tree decorated with candy canes.
6) Frank's hair when it holds that musky odor of a hard day's work
7) Perfume de Country: the combination of fresh mown grass, manure, diesel fuel, and a lingering hint of honeysuckles.
8) The cedar logs in our Fairy Forest that we're using to mark the trail down to the lake.
9) Just delivered New York-style cheese pizza.
Which special scents set your nose atingle?
Sharing All I KNOW about the fine art of voluptuating. here's to living the lush life.